IlluminatI Clan, Forum | Illuminati | Устав калана
Автор He wants Terrence Ross to get stronger
cherry452
Пользователь

Живу на форуме

Статус: offline
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 09 Ноября 2016, 15:03:23
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Rob Gronkowskis season appears to be over after he hurt his knee when hit after a reception. The New England Patriots star tight end, who missed the first six games recovering from off-season forearm and back surgeries, was injured just before the midpoint of the third quarter Sunday and driven off the field on a cart. Gronkowski suffered a suspected torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and is expected to undergo an MRI on Monday. Coach Bill Belichick said he was taken to a hospital for evaluation. The Patriots beat the Cleveland Browns 27-26 on Tom Bradys two touchdown passes in the last 61 seconds. "Weve sustained some pretty big injuries this year with really important, critical players," Brady. "I think we all feel sorry for Rob, but I dont think anyone feels sorry for the Patriots." Gronkowski raised his right arm to the crowd as he left on the cart with team physician Dr. Thomas Gill sitting next to him. Gronkowski was hurt on a hit by Browns safety T.J. Ward after a 21-yard reception with the Browns leading 12-0. Ward was among many players from both teams who went up to Gronkowski before he left the field. "My intention is never to hurt anyone. Thats not what this game is about. Thats not how I play," Ward said. "I hate to see guys go down with any type of injury. I just wanted him to know, whether he accepted it or not, it wasnt intentional to injure him. But we have to play this game. We have to play it the way that they force us to, and unfortunately, it incurred an injury for him." Ward said if he hit Gronkowski high, there was a chance he might be fined. "Its not a decision where Im going to go low on every play," he said, "but, actually, it has kind of turned into that in those situations, in those split-second decisions where you have a guy running down the field whos 280 (pounds), and Im 200, and the fact that if you do even hit him in his chest and he decides to hunch down or flinch or lower his head, then I could have the chance of being fined." "Its kind of being caught between a rock and a hard place," Ward said. "Its a decision you have to make, but you have to follow the rules at the same time." He said he had been fined three times and "I dont like playing for free." Asked if he had an issue with Ward hitting Gronkowski low, Belichick said, "Thats a question you should take up with the league." The Patriots (10-3) have won three straight games and hold the No. 2 spot in the AFC despite numerous injuries. Gronkowski, wide receiver Danny Amendola, running back Shane Vereen and defensive players Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo and Tommy Kelly all have missed an extended amount of time. In the six games before Sunday, Gronkowski led NFL tight ends with 37 catches and 560 yards receiving. He had two catches for 32 yards Sunday. Now hes out again. "As a team, we want him to play," Patriots cornerback Devin McCourty said, but "you just hate to see that for him. A guy thats battled back through his arm and his back (injuries) and been very productive for us this year, it stinks to see him get carted off the field like that." Chris Chester Falcons Jersey . -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights. Ryan Schraeder Falcons Jersey . Sweeting scored two in the first and three in the second before Strong (4-4) got two back in the fourth. Sweeting then scored three in the fifth, two in the sixth and one in the seventh to grab a commanding 9-2 lead. http://www.falconsprofansonline.com/Black-Tony-Gonzalez-Falcons-Jersey.html?cat=866 . Anor had not scored since getting his first two goals of the season vs. Philadelphia on March 22 but struck with laser precision from distance in the 56th and 75th minutes. Montreal (3-10-5) lost its third straight and Impact coach Frank Klopas said it literally was a case of his players not stepping up. Brooks Reed Falcons Jersey . -- Oakland Athletics starting pitchers Jarrod Parker and A. Desmond Trufant Falcons Jersey . - Quarterback Brady Quinn says he has been released by the Miami Dolphins.TORONTO - When the Raptors reconvened in Washington following Februarys All-Star break, Dwane Casey had a hand-drawn contract waiting for them. It wasnt legally binding. "It probably wouldnt hold up in court," Casey joked. It was more of a symbolic gesture. "[It was] a document committing to the team, committing to the process, leaving their egos at the door." With two-to-three sentences scribbled up top and a row of lines indicating where to sign, Casey had everybody pledge allegiance to the (Raptors) claw. Players, coaches, trainers, equipment managers, the media relations staff, everyone came up to sign, one-by-one. The first signature belonged to Kyle Lowry. "If [they] didnt want to sign it, you would have been able to tell right off the bat, if guys wanted to read it," said the Raptors head coach, who kept the contract in his briefcase, traveling around with it for the duration of the season. "Everybody stepped up and didnt hesitate and the next night we went out and beat [the Wizards]. Guys probably forgot they signed it, but I didnt" "Im all in, was the head of the document. And they were." On Tuesday, Masai Ujiri and the Raptors went all in on Casey and, in two months, they will do so with the teams core group of players, namely Lowry, making every effort to keep the band together. A year ago, just around this time, Casey and former general manager Bryan Colangelo met with the media to deliver their annual end-of-season post-mortem. They conducted their press conferences separately, unsure of their own futures, let alone the direction of the organization. Now, Ujiri sat adjacent to Casey at the podium, announcing that he and his coach have agreed to a new three-year deal, using this strange, foreign word over and over again; "continuity". "We plan on growing as a team," Ujiri said. "Im not going to make any crazy, quick-fix decisions here. We want to keep building and one of the things weve talked about is continuity." If you take one thing away from Tuesdays proceedings its that message. Ujiri has every intention of doubling down on this past seasons surprising success. Naturally, Casey was the first domino, a quick decision, no-brainer and an easy deal to get done. In his third year with Toronto, Casey led his team to a division title and franchise-record 48-win season before bowing out in the seventh game of the conference quarterfinals. He has more than earned the opportunity to stay on and see this through. In fact, Ujiri was hoping to open talks of an extension with his coach in late March, but as the team stumbled - they had lost four of six games at the time - Caseys preference was to hold off until the end of the season. With that said, the 57-year-old never intended to test the market or throw his hat in the ring for another job. He felt it would be disingenuous and knew where he wanted to be. "My heart is here, my mind is here," Casey said. "Im committed to this organization and to these players going forward." Locking up Casey was the first step, and a logical one. For him, it made little sense to jump ship now and start fresh elsewhere, likely with a losing program, after working hard to change the culture and build an identity in Toronto. The real sales pitch will come in two months, when Lowry - an impending free agent - must decide whether to finish what he started with the Raptors or make like so many stars of the franchises oh-so-painful past and split. Thats why this day was important, thats why it was necessary. Ujiri and Casey were at the podium for over 46 minutes. They were speaking, at least indirectly, to Lowry. ";Its very important for us, in terms of continuity," Ujiri said, using that word again - "continuity" - when asked about re-signing Lowry.dddddddddddd. "For me, negotiating is easy if we want Kyle to be here and Kyle wants to be here." "I think well be fair with Kyle and well figure it out and I think its important. So well go through that process but were optimistic stuff will happen." With Casey in place at the helm of the ship, Lowry knows exactly what he would be signing up for and familiarity - or "continuity" - could go a long way in wooing the star point guard. Despite various reports of a rocky start to their relationship, Casey and Lowry have become close. Theyve lost together, theyve grown together and most importantly theyve won together. "Kyle came into a tough situation," Casey admitted before using a fantastically strange, albeit accurate, metaphor. "Its almost like coming into a relationship where you already have a girlfriend and a new girl comes in, because Jose [Calderon] was already here. We already understood Jose knew the system, he knew the calls. Kyle came in trying to learn them, and Kyle is a very prideful man and should be. Kyle came into that situation as kind of second fiddle and if you know Kyle, hes not a second fiddle kind of guy." "But again, he grew from that. Once Jose was traded, it got closer, it got closer. He understood what we were doing, I understood what he was going to do in certain situations [and] trusted him." Ironically enough, the two bonded at the wedding of former Raptor Rudy Gay, Lowrys best friend, last summer when they were able to get to know each other away from basketball. This summer should start off quietly for the Raptors, at least over the next couple of months. With Casey now part of the recruiting party, the focus immediately shifts to locking up Lowry, a process that they can begin on July 1. Patrick Patterson and Greivis Vasquez - who spoke passionately about his desire to return on Monday - are both restricted free agents and also appear to be part of Ujiris offseason plan. "As far as Im concerned, keeping our core group going forward, with Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez and Patterson and Nando (De Colo), those guys are priorities for us," Ujiri acknowledged. "And if you want to build, I think, a team where we have young players, we have to build continuity. When free agency comes, we have to attack our guys first." Theres still "building" to be done, but its looking likely that those tweaks will be made around the teams current foundation. Internal growth will be crucial, as Casey alluded to. He wants Terrence Ross to get stronger, Jonas Valanciunas to expand his post game - hell work with hall of fame centre Hakeem Olajuwon this summer - and DeMar DeRozan to improve defensively. Its hard to believe that this franchise is just 12 months removed from a summer plagued by uncertainty and indecision, though theyve had their fair share of them over the years. It seems like decades ago now. For most of that year Ujiri kept us guessing. What was his plan? On Tuesday he laid out his blueprint. "For me, theres not going to be any crazy decisions made, theres no quick fix," the Raptors GM said. "Were a growing team, and were going to grow gradually. I really dont care what the expectations are. The way to build in this situation were in is to continue to give our young players the opportunity, to try and draft well and make sure we figure out the right players to sign." The Raptors know what they want and are making no effort to hide it - continuity. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Перейти на форум:
33,411,786 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 19 Мая 2024, 20:08:06