Автор because Para-athletes get very little
hily123
Пользователь

Бывалый

Статус: offline
ICQ статус a
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 23 Ноября 2016, 14:02:06
As a deadlock in CFL labour negotiations stretched through this past week and so much rhetoric and brinkmanship made a work stoppage seem unavoidable, it was surprising when sources confirmed to TSN that progress in talks between the CFL and the Players Associations were moving quickly Friday and into Saturday. Benson Mayowa Womens Jersey . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement. Neither side would confirm specific details of the tentative deal, but sources confirmed constructive movement toward a deal started Friday. After TSN Insider Dave Naylor confirmed earlier in the week that players on seven of the leagues nine teams had voted in favour of strike action, and with strike votes set to take place in Calgary and Edmonton Saturday, sources told TSN “back door” discussions through an appointed mediator began Friday morning. Ideas and proposals were passed back and forth without acrimony and without talks breaking down. By Friday night, during a Players Association conference call, a tentative deal began to take shape. The league would hold firm on a $5 million salary cap (2013s salary cap was set at $4.4 million) increasing $50,000 a season, and would not budge on its threshold to renegotiate the salary cap in the third year of a new CBA, set at an aggregate revenue increase of $27 million from the previous year. But the ratification bonus to players would increase to $7,500 for veterans and $1,500 for rookies. And with the union possibly controlling the disbursement of the bonus, and setting a scale for veterans, a six-year CFL veteran could potentially earn $12,000 if the CBA is ratified. The league minimum salary would also rise to $50,000, from $45,000 in 2013. A significant non-financial element also possibly included was the elimination of the option contract year for non-rookies. Sources said the term of the new CBA could be set at either four years, five years or five years plus an option to extend into a sixth season. The current CBA expired May 29, the same day talks broke down after the union countered a league proposal, which included a $5 million cap and $27 million threshold, with a $5.8 million cap and $12 million threshold to renegotiate the cap. The league also rejected another offer from the players earlier this week, which included $5.2 million cap and $18 million threshold. New, positive labour discussions continued into Saturday afternoon before a scheduled conference call between union executives and team representatives. A source close to the discussions said he felt “confident” a tentative deal would be reached by the end of the day, although conceded the debate amongst the players would be “vigorous.” After a four-hour call, the union agreed to take the deal to its players. A league source confirmed the board of governors ratification vote will take place “as soon as possible.” In a joint statement the league and Players Association emphasized: “Further details [about the agreement] will not be made public until these votes have taken place.” Andrew Gachkar Cowboys Jersey .Y. - Terry and Kim Pegula have no immediate plans to tinker with their new NFL team. Anthony Hitchens Womens Jersey . - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/daryl-johnston-jersey/ . However, after review it became clear Kadri kicked the puck in.Trailblazing teenage T36 long-jumper Ryan Raghoo hopes his record-breaking achievements can help pave the way for the next generation of disability athletes. The Brunel University student, who has cerebral palsy, broke the British record at the Queensland Open Championships and now looks set to travel to Rio and become the nations first T36 Paralympic long-jumper.He told Sky Sports: Its a privileged position to be in and I am very grateful to have reached a level in the sport and be the first person in British history to do that. However, its a position Im not going to be complacent about. For me, its about the platform once I get there of what I can do to change things for people with disabilities.I try to promote and get more people involved in disability sports and thats one of the reasons why I compete. I want to show people it doesnt matter what background you come from, what disability you have, or what start in life youve had, you can still achieve things.Its the same message Ive been pushing throughout my career and I hope more organisations come on board to help support the message of enabled, not disabled, and to empower people with disabilities. Ryan only began walking as a four-year-old Raghoo proved his performance at Queensland was no fluke by achieving the Rio Paralympics qualifying standard again at a meeting in Talence, France, in April. He jumped five centimetres short of his own British record of 4.61m set in February, making him a virtual certainty to be selected for next months European Championships.Im probably my own worst critic and to be fair, I was quite frustrated despite breaking the British record because I know I can jump a lot further, the 19-year-old said.The British record is just a steepping stone to bigger things and when I started out, I was looking at that record as the first marker on the road to some great things the summer, so it was nice to achieve. Keith Smith Womens Jersey. Raghoo looking to use Europeans as stepping stone to Rio When I jumped the British record, it also qualified me for the European Championships as well [which no other British athlete has ever done] and I aim to use the Europeans as an opportunity to build for Rio.But I also think I dont feel as excited about it as perhaps I should, because Para-athletes get very little recognition, if any, for breaking national records. Maybe its something Ill be able to enjoy when I look back on my career but it was a good marker to put down.Croydon-based Raghoos mother is from India and his father is Guyanese with Indian ancestery. Doctors told Ryans parents he may never be able to walk. There are very few ethnic minorities in Paralympic sports, which is one of the reasons why I am so driven to succeed, added the self-funded athlete.Im often asked who my role models were but there was no-one to really look up to from my background. i remember when Amir Khan came through and that was major for the Asian community because we dont have too many superstars on that level.Id certainly like to be able to become a role model but Im the first to say that Im still learning. When I speak to people - and I speak to children a lot - they always seek to take something away from my story, so in many ways my journey is an opportunity for me to inspire people. NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

--------------------
avavb
a a a a a
Перейти на форум:
33,402,287 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 19 Мая 2024, 12:12:31