Автор more beyond the white line at turns four
hily123
Пользователь

Бывалый

Статус: offline
ICQ статус a
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 15 Декабря 2016, 13:01:30
After months of lengthy debate from hockey fans across the country, Canadiens defenceman P. Bobby Clarke Jersey .K. Subbans status for Sochi is no longer up in the air. Hes officially a member of the 2014 Canadian mens Olympic hockey team - and no one is happier than Montreals No. 76. "Obviously I was very happy (to receive the phone call) and my family was as well," he told reporters after Tuesdays announcement. Subban, 24, captured the Norris Trophy last season as the NHLs best defenceman after posting 11 goals and 27 assists in 42 games during the lockout-shortened campaign. But the Habs top blueliner has maintained that he wouldnt stand still as he tried to make a lasting impression with Hockey Canada. "I try not to be complacent, get better every day and do my job to help my team win," said Subban. "Im just grateful to have the opportunity to play with the best players in the world, play against them and learn from them." The Toronto native has a solid international resume, having captured back-to-back gold medals at the 2008 and 2009 World Junior Championship, including a berth in the tournament All-Star Team in his second stint with three goals and nine points. Hes also no stranger to playing on the larger ice surface that will be utilized in Sochi. "I played on an Olympic-sized rink in junior for four years with Belleville," he explained. "It changes the game a little bit in terms of how much space and time you have out there." And Subban has shown no signs of slowing down from last years career campaign, leading the Canadiens in scoring with seven goals and 26 assists in 44 games this season. "His greatest strengths are his shot and his puck handling," said Steve Yzerman, executive director of Team Canada. "Hes the right fit for that spot right now." That assessment was echoed by Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien, whos been pleased with the improvements Subban made to earn the selection. "He made progress over the last two years," he said Tuesday. "We wanted to make sure he was a good all-around player and he puts in effort. All the credit goes to him." Subban is one of four players named to Team Canada that is currently playing for a Canadian NHL team, joining teammate Carey Price as well as Dan Hamhuis and Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks. And the young blueliner is looking forward to sharing the Olympic experience with Price - a long-time friend on and off the ice. "Myself and Carey, weve had the opportunity to play together for a couple years now and to represent our country is great," said Subban. "I hope I get to room with him so I can snore and keep him up all night." Another teammate Subban plans to chat with is defenceman Andrei Markov, who was named to the Russias team at the same time. Provided of course, he can get Markov to respond. "Hes not talking very much right now, maybe hes already in Olympic mode," joked Subban. "Ive spoken to him many times about Sochi and he thinks its going to be a great experience. Ill definitely pick his brain on a couple things." Flyers Jersey . - Andrew McCutchen went 4 for 5 and finished a home run short of a cycle, and Jordy Mercer drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 rout of the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday. Claude Giroux Jersey . Curtis Davies and Robert Koren secured the victory with goals inside 35 minutes of the fifth-round replay against the second-tier side. http://www.nhlflyersproauthentic.com/customized/ . With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out.Mercedes and Red Bull could be poised for a close battle at the front of the Hungarian GP after all, after the two teams set all-but identical lap times in Practice Three. F1 world champions Mercedes confounded pre-weekend expectations by totally dominating Fridays practice running, but on Saturday morning, Red Bull suddenly unlocked some more competitive pace.And, via an impressive late flying lap, Max Verstappen finished just 0.002 seconds adrift of pacesetter Nico Rosberg to whet the appetite ahead of qualifying, which begins at 1pm live on Sky Sports F1. But Lewis Hamilton was only fourth in the second Mercedes on his return to the track after his P2 crash and unusually finished half a second back on team-mate Rosberg. Daniel Ricciardo was third in the other Red Bull.Hamilton made several mistakes when out on track and Mercedes mechanics replaced his seat after the world champion reported discomfort. The original one was damaged in his accident. How genuine was that lap from Red Bull? pondered Sky F1s David Croft. We will only find out in qualifying.When is Qualifying on Sky F1?While they did not find as much time as Red Bull, Ferrari also closed on Mercedes in final practice - although Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel remained more than half a second off the pace in fifth and sixth places respectively.Fernando Alonso continued McLarens encouraging practice form to take seventh, while Jolyon Palmer rebounded from a forgettable Friday to secure a rare top-10 finish for Renault.Williams showed the first signns of top-10 form as Valtteri Bottas took eighth, with Sergio Perez sneaking into the top 10 late on in the lead Force India. Michael Del Zotto Flyers Jersey. . As on Friday, drivers were again regularly running with all four wheels off the track at Turn Four - and the FIA has confirmed they will adopt a zero tolerance policy to such viloations of track limits in qualifying.A drivers lap time will be deleted if he strays 20cm or more beyond the white line at turns four and 11.Practice Three timesheet1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:20.2612. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 1:20.2633. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:20.7264. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:20.7695. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:20.8596. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:21.1857. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1:21.5848. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:21.6499. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1:21.67210. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:21.93511. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1:21.97512. Kevin Magnussen, Renault, 1:21.98913. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:22.00914. Esteban Gutierrez, Haas, 1:22.14215. Romain Grosjean, Haas, 1:22.28416. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 1:22.40217. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1:22.42718. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1:22.54119. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1:22.81620. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1:23.21921. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, 1:23.31122. Rio Haryanto, Manor, 1:23.513 Also See: When does Qualifying start? The Formula 1 gossip column Hamiltons engine plight Get a NOW TV weekend pass NFL Jerseys China cheap jerseys ' ' '

--------------------
avavb
a a a a a
Перейти на форум:
33,297,224 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 15 Мая 2024, 05:05:03