IlluminatI Clan, Forum | Всё про Lineage2 | Файлы
Автор Earlier in the game
cherry452
Пользователь

Живу на форуме

Статус: offline
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 28 Ноября 2016, 12:12:54
MONACO -- Roger Federer will try to win the Monte Carlo Masters for the first time and Stanislas Wawrinka his first Masters title anywhere when they meet in an all-Swiss final on Sunday. Federer ousted defending champion Novak Djokovic 7-5, 6-2 on Saturday, after Wawrinka had beaten sixth-seeded David Ferrer of Spain 6-1, 7-6 (3). Sundays match will be the first all-Swiss final since Marc Rosset beat Federer in Marseille in 2000, and the first time that Federer and Wawrinka meet in a championship decider. "I think its incredible that we are in the finals together, the same week weve been playing so well," Federer said. "I know Spaniards have it, French guys have it, Americans might have it. But for us its so rare. Last time was 14 years ago. I played so many matches in the meantime ... You think its never going to happen again." The odds appear stacked against Australian Open champion Wawrinka, who trails 13-1 overall against 17-time Grand Slam winner Federer. Wawrinka has lost his previous two Masters finals -- at Madrid last year and Rome six years ago. But he will take heart from the fact his only win against Federer was here, in the third round, back in 2009 -- although Federer had other things on his mind back then. "I was basically on my honeymoon. I married on Saturday and I came over here and played him like on Thursday," Federer said. "I know I have a good head-to-head (record) against him. I dont read that much into it. Hes a different calibre player now." Federer looked in good touch against Djokovic but conceded that the Serb -- who had a right-wrist injury -- was not at his best. "I feel like I have put in the performance to be there, gave myself the opportunity this week. So Im very happy with my play. Of course, I did see that Novak was struggling," Federer said. "Now I set up the dream final for Stan and myself and Swiss tennis and the Swiss fans. Its very exciting times right now." Djokovic complained of soreness in his right wrist at the start of the week and took to the court with it heavily strapped. It seemed to affect him more toward the end of the first set, and he was serving way below his best throughout the second. "Its unfortunate that when youre playing at this level against Roger, big tournament, that you are not able to play your game because something else is taking away all your energy and effort," Djokovic said. "I did everything I could really, I was on the medications every day, I was doing different therapies, injections." The fourth-seeded Federer entered the tournament only after accepting a wild card invitation, having missed the two previous editions. He lost three consecutive finals to eight-time champion Rafael Nadal from 2006-08. Djokovic missed two break-point chances when he had Federer 15-40 down in the 10th game, but Federers backhand got him out of trouble and he saved the next one with a smash at the net. Federer was inconsistent in his quarterfinal win against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, but looked sharp against Djokovic, teasing him with one casual drop shot that surprised the Serb and drew loud cheers from the centre-court crowd soaking up the Mediterranean sunshine. Federer broke for 6-5 when Djokovic netted a weak forehand. At the changeover, Djokovic nursed his right wrist as he sat in his chair, looking stern-faced and pensive. "From the end of the first and the whole second, every shot was pain, especially with the serve," he said. Djokovics first-serve speed dropped to 160 kph (100 mph) in the second set and he was unable to properly flex his arm as he tried to return one shot from Federer in the third game. But it was becoming too easy for Federer, who improved to 18-16 overall against Djokovic. Omer Asik Jersey . -- Pelicans coach Monty Williams does not expect guard Eric Gordon to play in any of New Orleans final five games this season. Tyreke Evans Pelicans Jersey . Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko. http://www.shoppelicansonline.com/Authentic-Anthony-Davis-Pelicans-Jersey/ . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec. Jrue Holiday Pelicans Jersey .C. - Heat coach Erik Spoelstra says Danny Granger, Chris Andersen and Udonis Haslem are still not ready to play and will miss Wednesday nights game against the Charlotte Hornets. Omer Asik Pelicans Jersey . "Ive still got it," Seattles ace said with a sly grin. Riding that fastball carrying a little more zip, Hernandez took a shutout bid into the ninth inning as the Mariners beat the Los Angeles Angels 3-1 on Wednesday night. On the verge of a brilliant shutout and first complete game since Aug.MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Charlie Strong knows there is bound to be some inconsistencies in his first year at Texas. Putting up 48 points one week and getting shut out the next? That surprised even him. Weve got to play a complete game, Strong said shortly after the Longhorns lost 23-0 to No. 11 Kansas State on Saturday. One week its the offence, one week its the defence and one week its the special teams. All three phases have to play well. Thats the only way were going to win. Texas failed to score twice in the red zone, went 4 for 14 on third and fourth downs, and wound up with its first shutout loss since falling to Oklahoma 12-0 on Oct. 9, 2004. Now, the Longhorns need to win three of their last five games just to become bowl eligible. You dont ever want to be shut out, said Strong, whose team put up 524 yards in a 48-45 win over Iowa State last week. You want to go get some points. Tyrone Swoopes was just 13 of 25 for 106 yards for the Longhorns (3-5, 2-3 Big 12), one week after he had more than 400 yards of offence by himself. Meanwhile, Matthew McCrane kicked three field goals, and DeMarcus Robinson and Charles Jones each ran for a touchdown to lead the Wildcats (6-1, 4-0). Jake Waters threw for 224 yards, and Tyler Lockett had eight catches for 103 yards to climb another notch in the school record books. It was also the first shutout by the Wildcats since beating Kent State 37-0 three years ago, and the first in conference play since routing the Cyclones 45-0 on Nov. 8, 2003. Texas only had two good scoring chances in the game. The first came early in the second quarter, when it marched to the Kansas State 16. A holding penalty pushed the Longhorns back on the next play, and Swoopes threw an incompletion and then was sacked by Elijah Lee to take them out of field-goal range. The second chance came with the Wildcats leading 16-0 early iin the fourth quarter.dddddddddddd Texas had again marched deep into Kansas State territory, but the drive stalled at the 15-yard line. Strong elected to go for it on fourth-and-1, and running back Johnathan Gray was stood up trying to dive over the left side of the line. The officials reviewed the spot but the video was inconclusive, and the ball went over to the Wildcats on downs. That was a key play in the game, Kansas State linebacker Jonathan Truman said. The Wildcats promptly drove 86 yards the other way, Waters twice picking up third downs with long passes to Lockett and Deante Burton. Jones finished off the drive by dancing through a cloud of defenders for a 1-yard touchdown run and a 23-0 lead with 9:31 left in the game. Earlier in the game, Lockett moved past Michael Smith for the third-most receptions in school history. The latest Lockett to star at Kansas State has 186 catches in his career. The Wildcats moved the ball most of the game, but had to keep settling for field goals. McCrane hit the first, a 19-yarder, midway through the first quarter. He connected from 30 yards on the next season, and the freshman added his third late in the third quarter. By that point, Robinson had also scored on a short TD run and the Wildcats led 16-0. Swoopes struggled to find open receivers all afternoon. And when he tucked the ball and ran, he usually had more than one purple jersey on his heels. He only managed 31 yards on the ground. Grey had just 24 yards on 10 carries. Malcolm Brown ran six times for 21 yards. I just dont think we played like weve been playing for the past three weeks, Texas wide receiver John Harris said. I dont know what happened. We just couldnt get anything going and its frustrating. Watching what we did the last three weeks, moving the ball, scoring points and now getting shut out, I have no answers. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Перейти на форум:
33,126,369 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 08 Мая 2024, 06:06:37