Регистрация    Забыли пароль?
Имя   Пароль  запомнить

Просмотр темы
Вернуться на сайт: Конст.Пати IlluminatI Клан Burned Sky

IlluminatI Clan, Forum | Illuminati | Вы с нами?
Автор , kept working and now is finally seein
hily123
Пользователь

Бывалый

Статус: offline
ICQ статус a
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 13 Декабря 2016, 13:01:46
MINNEAPOLIS -- After what Chris Parmelee has been through the last six weeks, hell savour this home run for a while. Drew Smyly Rays Jersey . Parmelee hit a game-ending shot in the ninth inning and the Minnesota Twins overcame David Ortizs big night to beat the Boston Red Sox 8-6 on Tuesday. "Its huge. Its one of those things thats a confidence builder," said Parmelee, who failed to make the roster out of spring training and cleared waivers before ending up back in the minors yet again. "In the long run, youve got to keep grinding." Ortiz went 4 for 5 with two homers and four RBIs, but it wasnt enough for Boston. Kurt Suzuki singled with two outs off reliever Andrew Miller (1-1) before Parmelee lined an 0-1 pitch into the right-field seats for his first two RBIs of the season. Parmelee has spent parts of the last three seasons with Minnesota, but hasnt been able to carry over the power he shows in the minors to the big league club. "He got sent down, frustrated, out of spring training," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "He worked really hard down there and got back up here by playing his way back up, which is what youre supposed to do. A big one there for him." Eduardo Nunez homered and Brian Dozier had two RBIs in a five-run second for Minnesota. Ortiz hit solo homers in the first and fourth and is tied with Jim Rice on the Red Sox list with 382. It was the 42nd multihomer game for Big Papi, who began his career with the Twins and now has 17 homers and 47 RBIs against his former team. "One day youre going to go home, look back and see your names, see your name located right next to those guys, and thats a pretty good damn career," Ortiz said. Ortiz added an RBI single in the sixth and another one in the seventh that made it 6-5. "Our meetings were, Dont let him beat us. Well, that didnt work. Well have to change our meetings," Gardenhire said. Glen Perkins (1-0) pitched the ninth, striking out Ortiz and Mike Napoli to strand Shane Victorino at first base. Boston scored three times in the seventh and tied the score at 6 after reliever Matt Guerrier walked pinch-hitter Jonny Gomes with the bases loaded. Caleb Thielbar came on to strike out former Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski with the bases loaded to stop the rally. Leading 6-3, Minnesota left the bases loaded in the sixth. It also stranded runners at second and third in the third and fifth. Red Sox starter Jake Peavy allowed six runs on nine hits in 4 1-3 innings and failed to complete at least five innings for the first time in 18 starts with Boston. Ricky Nolasco allowed three runs and struck out six in six innings for the Twins. Joe Mauer and Suzuki each had an RBI single. The Minnesota Wild goal horn blared every time the Twins scored a run as the Wild played the Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL playoffs a few miles down the road in St. Paul. As soon as Parmelee touched home plate, the horn blared even louder as his teammates mobbed him all the way to the dugout. "I was honestly just trying to hit a ball in the gap somewhere, watch Suzuki run," said Parmelee, who also hit a game-winning homer 10 days ago for Triple-A Rochester. "I was sitting fastball. You have to sit fastball against that guy. His slider is pretty nasty." A victory would have given the Red Sox their first three-game winning streak of the season. "It takes the air out of your sails quick. We felt like we were gaining some momentum," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Had we got through that last inning, we felt like we were in good shape in terms of who was remaining in their bullpen versus ours, but you tip your hat to Parmelee, who got one of one of the better left-handers in the game right now." Farrell originally listed Peavy as Wednesdays starter, but said he intended to start Peavy on Tuesday all along and "screwed up" when announcing the probables for this series. NOTES: Twins GM Rob Antony said outfielder Josh Willingham, out since April 7 with a broken wrist, took early batting practice and could begin a minor league rehab assignment this weekend. ... Antony also said an MRI showed a re-aggravation of the wrist injury sustained by top prospect Byron Buxton late in spring training. Buxton will work out in Fort Myers, Florida, until the wrist feels better. ... Peavy has allowed a home run in nine straight regular-season starts. ... Farrell said before the game that Gardenhire and Indians manager Terry Francona will be his coaches for the All-Star game at Target Field in July. ... Felix Doubront (1-3, 5.09 ERA) originally was scheduled to start Tuesday for Boston, but was given an extra day of rest and will start Wednesday against Kevin Correia (1-4, 6.34). Matt Moore Jersey . -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency. Logan Forsythe Rays Jersey . "I had a pretty good year," the soft-spoken Granberg told TSN.ca with a grin from the teams annual rookie tournament in London. A fourth-round selection in 2010, Granberg is worth keeping an eye on with NHL training camps rolling around in less than a week. The six-foot-two, 200-pound defender may not possess the wow-inspiring theatrics of fellow prospect Morgan Rielly, but nonetheless has a chance to contribute with the Leafs when all is said and done this season. http://www.mlbraysstore.com/authentic-wade-boggs-rays-jersey/ . Mohamed Diame put West Ham ahead in the 47th minute before goals by substitutes Carlton Cole and Joe Cole condemned Fulham to a fifth straight defeat, keeping the visitors in the bottom three.In the end, Mike Weir didnt win the HP Byron Nelson. And yet he emerged from the tournament with perhaps something just as important as a first-place cheque and a trophy. Weir got a sign, an indication that all the work he put in, all the hours he spent on the range, the rehab he did after elbow surgery, the tinkering with clubs and instructors, and fighting off the naysayers who told him he was done, has been worth it. Sure it was just one tournament and it will take a few more solid performances to show that the magic has returned for good for Canadas favourite lefthander, but if nothing else, Weir can claim salvation. He knows that he can do it, play golf on the PGA Tour at the highest level. Weir led the tournament early on Sunday, rattling off four birdies in the first five holes. Bogeys at six and nine dropped him out of top spot and although he fought back valiantly at the end, his run came up just short. Brendan Todd pulled out a two-shot win with a sparkling bogey-free final round. For many, Weirs performance was a surprise. But for some time now, hes has been telling all that his ball-striking has been in form but an uncooperative putter is all thats been holding him back. At the Masters there were blips that proved what he was saying. He climbed to within a shot of the lead during the second round and he had three solid rounds at the Wells Fargo before being derailed with a final-round 77. This week, it finally worked, thanks in part to exchanging an oversized putter grip with a well-worn, thin one that was on an old putter. He finished second in Strokes Gained – Putting and first in Putts in Greens in Regulation. Despite his confidence and unwavering optimism, Weir has, at times, questioned his future during his struggles. Over the past four years, hes had doubts. There were doubts when he missed 18 straight cuts and fell outside the top 1,000 in the Official World Golf Ranking. There were doubts when he had to use up two career money list exemptions to keep playing. There were doubts when he earned a grand total of $23,312 over a two-year stretch in 2011-12. But Mike Weir never lost hope. He believed he would get back, if not to the point of winning another major then at least to where he could compete on the PGA Tour. The amount of time Weir put into his game, to trying to find an answer would wear out most professionals. And to be sure, there were a few dead ends he went down. But thats all now in the past. Weir said he has no plans to loook in the rear-view mirror. Kevin Kiermaier Jersey. "I dont think I will, to be honest," said Weir on the last four years. "Im here now and Im pushing forward. Ive been asked that question a lot, Ive answered it a lot. I am where I am now and Im pushing forward. Im not going to reflect on the past; thats history now. Im playing good golf and I want to keep that going." Still, he hasnt forgotten just how difficult this stretch has been. And as his game deteriorated after hitting a root at the 2011 Heritage, the questions increased, questions about his game and his ability to still compete. "I just knew that it was inevitable," Weir said of the constant inquiry. "I didnt take offence to it. It was matter of fact – I was playing poorly. I was trying to dig myself out of it. I didnt have any explanation for it except what got me into it, which was obviously the elbow issue, having surgery then trying to play through that and then basically being afraid to hit the ground, the bad habits I got into and probably coming back a little bit early." The bad habits piled on. One caused another and then another. At times, Weir struggled with the driver so badly, it was frightening. During one round where he shot 78, one of his playing partners told me later that if his short game wasnt all-world, Weir might have shot 90. But he stuck with it, kept working and now is finally seeing the fruits of his labour. "I dont know if my swing is that much different really," said Weir. "There are some aspects of my game, being a little older, that arent as dynamic as they used to be. But at the same time there are things that are a little better. I have a little better understanding of things. Ive learned a lot from a couple of teachers Ive used the past couple of years. I think thats helped me too." The finish provided a long list of accomplishments for Weir: His first top 10 since 2010; the first time hes led a tournament since 2007; the first time since last years John Deere that hes had four rounds in the 60s; a cheque for $745,200 (US), and a move of 100 spots on the FedEx Cup point list to 87th. While there are no guarantees, it should be enough to allow him to keep his playing privileges for the 2014-15 season. Of course all those are just numbers. What truly matters most for Mike Weir is being able to play golf and enjoy himself once again. The smile as he walked off the 18th green on Sunday was evidence of that. NFL Jerseys China cheap jerseys ' ' '

--------------------
avavb
a a a a a
Перейти на форум:
33,320,974 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 16 Мая 2024, 10:10:51