Регистрация    Забыли пароль?
Имя   Пароль  запомнить

Просмотр темы
Вернуться на сайт: Конст.Пати IlluminatI Клан Burned Sky

IlluminatI Clan, Forum | Illuminati | Вы с нами?
Автор The Orioles, howeve
hily123
Пользователь

Бывалый

Статус: offline
ICQ статус a
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 19 Декабря 2016, 14:02:28
SALVADOR, Brazil -- They captured the hearts of America -- from coast to coast, big towns and small, all the way to the White House. Nick Roach Jersey . Capturing the World Cup will have to wait. Just like four years ago, the United States is going home after the round of 16, beaten when Belgium scored twice in extra time Tuesday and then held on for a 2-1 win. "Thirty-one teams get their heart broken," goalkeeper Tim Howard said. "It has to end sometime. It ended a little bit early for us." Playing the finest game of his career, Howard stopped a dozen shots to keep the Americans even through regulation and force an additional 30 minutes. He wound up with 16 saves -- the most in the World Cup since FIFA started keeping track in 2002. Before exiting, the U.S. showed the spunk that won Americas attention. The Belgians built a two-goal lead when Kevin De Bruyne scored in the 93rd minute and Romelu Lukaku in the 105th. But then Julian Green, at 19 the third-youngest player in the tournament, stuck out his right foot to volley in Michael Bradleys pass over the defence in the 107th, two minutes after entering. "I was sure that we would make the second goal and we would go to the penalty shootout," Green said. The Americans nearly did. In the 114th, Clint Dempsey peeled away on a 30-yard free kick by Bradley, who passed ahead to Chris Wondolowski. He fed Dempsey, and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois bolted off his line to block the 6-yard shot. At the final whistle, the U.S. players fell to the field in their all-white uniforms like so many crumpled tissues. "They made their country proud with this performance and also with their entire performance in this World Cup," said Jurgen Klinsmann, the former German World Cup champion who took over as coach three years ago. The Americans advanced from a difficult first-round group to reach the knockout rounds of consecutive World Cups for the first time. Four years ago, they were eliminated by Ghana 2-1 on a goal in the third minute of extra time. "Getting to the round of 16, if we dont do that, were very, very disappointed," U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati said. "We get here and its kind of the swing game. We get beyond here, then its generally viewed as very successful -- this year was a little different because of the group we had in the first round, so that already was a success." The crowd of 51,227 at Arena Fonte Nova appeared to be about one third pro-U.S., with 10 per cent backing the Belgians and the rest neutral. Back home, millions watched in offices, homes and public gatherings that included a huge crowd at Chicagos Soldier Field. President Barack Obama joined about 200 staffers in an Executive Office Building auditorium to watch the second half. "I believe!" he exclaimed as he walked in at the front of the hall. "I believe!" Belgium outshot the U.S. 38-14. The 35-year-old Howard kept the ball out with slides, with dives and with leaps. But he never felt it was his special night. "If this continues, then were in trouble," he recalled thinking. With forward Jozy Altidore still not recovered from the strained hamstring that had sidelined him since the June 16 opener, Klinsmann inserted Wondolowski as a second striker in the 72nd minute. He appeared to have a chance to win it in stoppage time when Jermaine Jones flicked the ball to him at the top of the 6-yard box, but with Courtois coming out, Wondolowski put the ball over the crossbar. While the linesman put out his flag, it was unclear whether he was signalling goal kick or offside. In the third minute of extra time, Matt Besler tried to intercept a pass to Lukaku but fell down as the Belgian striker fought free. Lukaku sped in alone, crossed, and the ball rebounded off defender Omar Gonzalez. Kevin De Bruyne controlled it, took three touches as he spun and beat Howard just over his right foot. "I thought I could make a play on the ball. I took a shot and missed and lost my balance," Besler said. Twelve minutes later, with the U.S. pushing for an equalizer, Bradleys shot was blocked and De Bruyne burst ahead on a counter. He fed Lukaku, who sent the ball over the left shoulder of Howard, his Everton teammate, and seemingly put the game out of reach. But Green, among five German-Americans on the U.S. roster and a surprise pick, woke up the team and its fans with his first touch, setting off raucous chants of "U-S-A! U-S-A!" There would be no final comeback this time, though. Bradley said the Americans had told themselves that regardless of when their run ended, they wanted to abandon their defensive style of the past. "We wanted to go home going for it," he said. "And," he added with satisfaction, "we did." Denarius Moore Jersey . -- D. J. Williams finally has his packing strategy down. Miles Burris Raiders Jersey .com) - Oregon wasnt going to let Arizona ruin its national title dreams for a second straight season. http://www.proraidersauthentic.com/authentic-stacy-mcgee-raiders-jersey/ . First-half goals by Will Bruin and Oscar Boniek Garcia sucked the life out of the Impact as the Houston Dynamo bounced them from Major League Soccers post-season with a 3-0 victory on Thursday.BALTIMORE -- Even with first baseman Chris Davis apparently on his way back from the disabled list any day for the Baltimore Orioles, Steve Pearce, his replacement, has made his case to remain in the lineup. Pearce and Manny Machado homered and the Orioles won a season-high fourth consecutive game, 4-3 over the Houston Astros on Friday night. Baltimore (19-14) is five games over .500 for the first time this season. Meanwhile, the Astros have lost six of their past seven games. Pearce, who re-signed with the Orioles just two days after being released April 27, hit his third homer in four games. He homered in consecutive games for the first time in his eight-year major league career and has three this season. "I just want to keep doing what Im doing," said Pearce, who is batting .300 (10-for-30) with three homers, six RBI and five runs since replacing Davis over the past nine games. "I think they know what I can do. Hopefully, I can stay around for a little longer this time." Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen (4-2) had another effective outing, allowing two runs and five hits with four strikeouts and one walk and he tied a season-high by going seven innings. Machado hit his first home run of the season since returning from off-season knee surgery on May 1. Orioles outfielder Nick Markakis went 3 for 4 with an RBI and extended his hitting streak to 16 games. "Someone announced he had a 16-game hitting streak," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said about Markakis. "I didnt know that. I bet he doesnt know, either. Hes healthy. Strong. He worked real hard this off-season for the first time that he was able to in a long time." Chris Carter hit his fifth home run of the season for the Astros. Houston right-hander Scott Feldman made his first start since going on the disabled list April 21 with right biceps tendinitis and was facing his former team. Feldman, who went 5-6 as a starter for the Orioles last season, allowed two runs and five hits with six strikeouts over six innings. He gave up a home run for the first time in five starts this season. "I definitely felt like I could throw all my pitches," Feldman said. "I was throwing more free and easy. It was a good feeling, in that regard. It wouldve been a nice one to win. They just got the best of us tonight." With tthe game tied at 2, the Orioles J. Justin Ellis Jersey. J. Hardy led off the seventh with a double to centre. Astros righty Jerome Williams (1-2) got the next two batters to ground out before allowing an RBI single to Jonathan Schoop. Markakis followed with a double to centre that made it 4-2. "I thought I battled, getting those two ground balls, and then just left that cutter up over the middle," Willams said. "Youve just got to tip your hat to them and try to execute the pitch next time." Dexter Fowler led off the ninth with a double off Orioles closer Tommy Hunter. Marc Krauss walked before Hunter got Carter to hit into a double play, which scored a run. George Springer then struck out to end the game as Hunter picked up his 11th save. Houston fell to 1-20 when scoring three or fewer runs. The Astros opened a 1-0 lead in the second when Matt Dominguez led off with a double and later scored on a sacrifice fly by L.J. Hoes, who was acquired from Baltimore last season. The Orioles, who were coming off a three-game sweep of Tampa Bay, answered in the bottom half of the inning when Pearce and Machado hit solo shots. Carter snapped a 1-for-16 skid when he led off the seventh with a liner to left off Chen that cleared the fence by several rows. The Orioles, however, would rally for the victory in the bottom half of the inning. "In the top of the inning, I allowed a tying home run so I was kind of upset about that," Chen said. "But they had a timely offence and Nick and Schoop had big hits and we were able to get the go-ahead run and got the win. I was happy about that." NOTES: Davis (strained left oblique) will have a rehab assignment at Double-A Bowie on Saturday and then be re-evaluated Sunday when he is scheduled to come off the DL. ... Outfield prospect Henry Urrutia, who was Baltimores Minor League Player of the Year last season, is scheduled to have sports hernia surgery on May 13 and will be out 6 to 8 weeks. ... Orioles OF Francisco Peguero (right wrist sprain) began a rehab assignment at Triple-A Norfolk on Friday. ... Houston recalled RHP Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City. ...The Astros placed RHP Jose Cisnero on the 15-day DL with elbow discomfort, backdated to May 7, and optioned LHP Brett Oberholtzer to Oklahoma City. NFL Jerseys China cheap jerseys ' ' '

--------------------
avavb
a a a a a
Перейти на форум:
32,741,333 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 19 Апреля 2024, 23:11:24