Регистрация    Забыли пароль?
Имя   Пароль  запомнить

Просмотр темы
Вернуться на сайт: Конст.Пати IlluminatI Клан Burned Sky

IlluminatI Clan, Forum | Illuminati | Вы с нами?
Автор the many first-round disappointments in Davis
hily123
Пользователь

Бывалый

Статус: offline
ICQ статус a
^ наверх ^
Опубликовано 24 Декабря 2016, 13:01:42
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. Glen Perkins Jersey . -- Lizette Salas didnt have to wait long to be tested in her latest attempt at a breakthrough victory on the LPGA Tour. The challenge came on the first hole Sunday in the Kingsmill Championship, after she was overly cautious with her first putt, leaving it nearly 10 feet short of the cup with a sliding, downhill test to save par. She made it, the start of a day when she did little wrong on her way to a four-shot victory. "Yeah, that was a big putt just to start off the day," Salas said. "Downhill slider to the right. I mean, I even threw in a fist pump because I knew how important that was for me mentally and on a confidence standpoint." The 24-year-old Salas made it look easy the rest of the way, even while shooting just an even-par 71 on the River Course. Salas started the day with a three-shot lead, doubled it with birdies on the par-5 third and par-3 fifth. A bogey on the par-4 eighth was her only hiccup -- and only her third bogey in four rounds -- until she three-putted the par-3 17th. She finished at 13-under 271 and earned $195,000. Yani Tseng, Kraft Nabisco winner Lexi Thompson and Sarah Jane Smith tied for second. Salas was never really challenged in the final round on the River Course, and when her final putt fell on the 18th hole, she cupped her head in her hands and covered her face in celebration. Her winning moment was quickly interrupted, however, when four fellow players arrived and doused her with champagne, water and wine. The victory came after Salas flirted with victory several times in her three years on tour. It also came after she missed the cut two weeks ago and realized she needed to change her mental approach to give herself a fighting chance. "I felt like I wanted to be perfect all the time," she said. "I felt like I needed to play like a top tier golfer every week. Thats not it. Its about feeling confident. Golf is a sport where you cant control everything. ... I just took a step back and looked at golf differently. I just tried to have fun this week. That was the most important thing." This year, she tied for third in the season-opening event in the Bahamas and shared the lead after three rounds in the Kia Classic in her home state of California, but Anna Nordqvist closed with a 5-under 67 -- to Salas 70 -- to win by one. Last year, playing alongside winner Inbee Park in the final group of the Kraft Nabisco, Salas shot 79 to tie for 25th. Two weeks later, Salas lost a playoff to Suzann Pettersen in the LPGA LOTTE in Hawaii. Salas chunked her approach into the water on the first extra hole after closing with a tournament-record 62. The daughter of Mexican immigrants, Salas was introduced to the game when her father, the head mechanic at Azusa Greens west of Los Angeles, did some handyman jobs for the club pro and, instead of pay, asked him to teach his daughter to play. She went on to star at Southern California, where she was a four-time All-America selection and helped the Trojans win the 2008 NCAA title. The victory came on a rare weekend when her parents didnt come to the tournament, but watched from their home in California, and it brought tears to the eyes of Hall of Famer Nancy Lopez, who has been a mentor of sorts for Salas. "Im crying. Im so proud of her," Lopez said by telephone after watching the celebration on the green. "She looked great out there, just very confident and swinging great. ... Like she said on TV, she was ready. It was time." Salas expects "some tears of happiness" when she sees her parents Monday. Tseng, seeking her first victory since 2012, got within three with three birdies in a four-hole stretch on the back nine, but she finished with two pars and a double bogey for a 69, expanding Salas lead to five shots. Thompson had a 69, and Smith shot 66 -- the best round of the day. Tseng nearly made it very interesting at the par-5 15th, but her eagle putt stopped just short of the cup. "One more roll it will be in," she said. "I know if I make that I have a good chance." The tournament also featured a golf rarity, a double eagle. It was scored by Frenchwoman Joanna Klatten on No. 15. Klatten said her drive left her a perfect distance away for her 3-wood, and she had a feeling something great was coming. "Its intuition. I had a good feeling about that shot," she said. "Of course there is a little bit of luck in that." Rod Carew Jersey . - Robert Griffin III has a sprained throwing shoulder that limited him in practice Wednesday as the Washington Redskins prepared for their season finale against the Dallas Cowboys. Paul Molitor Jersey .Y. - Carey Price had an early feeling that one goal might be enough to settle the latest matchup between his Montreal Canadiens and longtime Original Six foe, the New York Rangers. http://www.mlbtwinsonline.com/authentic-brian-dozier-twins-jersey/ .J. -- John Elway says Peyton Manning cannot stamp himself as the greatest quarterback in NFL history even if he wins the Super Bowl on Sunday. ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders opened free agency on Tuesday by agreeing to a five-year, $42.5 million contract with offensive lineman Rodger Saffold and keeping oft-injured running back Darren McFadden on a one-year deal worth up to $4 million. Oakland and former New York Jets right tackle Austin Howard also agreed to a five-year, $30 million contract, with $15 million guaranteed, according to two people with knowledge of the deal. The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Raiders had not announced the signing. ESPN first reported Howards deal. But the day was just as notable for the players who left town. Left tackle Jared Veldheer and defensive end Lamarr Houston, considered building blocks in the rebuilding plan, signed as free agents with Arizona and Chicago, respectively. Also, last years leading rusher Rashad Jennings said on Twitter that he was flying to New York and was looking forward to signing a deal with the Giants. After two years of being hamstrung by bad contracts that left little room to manoeuvr, general manager Reggie McKenzie was able to spend for the first time with about $60 million in cap room at the start of the league year. But he chose not to use the franchise tag on either Veldheer or Houston and gave the biggest contract of his tenure to Saffold. Saffold is guaranteed $21.5 million in the deal. He will be paid $16 million for next season and $27.6 million over the first three years in a sign that the Raiders valued the injury-prone Saffold over the home-grown Veldheer. ESPN first reported the terms. Veldheer, a third-round pick in 2010 out of Hillsdale College, had been one of the better acquisitions by late owner Al Davis in his later years running the team, starting 42 consecutive games at left tackle before teearing his triceps in training camp last summer. Danny Santana Jersey. He missed 11 games last year and did not play up to the level he was at in 2012 after his return. Saffold is a versatile blocker with experience playing both tackle spots and right guard in four seasons with St. Louis. But he has had problems with durability, missing 17 games with a variety of injuries. Howard spent the last three years with the Jets, and started every game the last two seasons after winning the job at right tackle over Wayne Hunter before the 2012 season. The 6-foot-7, 333-pound Howard signed with Philadelphia as an undrafted free agent out of Northern Illinois in 2010. He joined Baltimores practice squad in 2011, and signed by the Jets to their active roster a few weeks later. McFadden had been considered one of the many first-round disappointments in Davis final draft. Picked fourth overall out of Arkansas in 2008, McFadden has missed 29 games in six seasons and never gone through a full season healthy. McFadden had his biggest success in two years with Hue Jackson calling plays, averaging more than 5 yards per carry in 2010 and 11. But he has averaged just 3.3 yards per carry the past two seasons, second-worst in the NFL in that span to the recently retired Rashard Mendenhall. A move from a zone-blocking to a power scheme was supposed to spark McFadden last season but he rushed for just 379 yards and averaged 3.3 yards per carry in 10 games. Jennings was considered a stronger possibility to come back after setting career highs with 733 yards rushing, 292 yards receiving and six touchdowns. Houston, a second-round pick in 2010, had been Oaklands most consistent defensive player the last few years, but the Raiders chose not to pay him as an elite pass rusher because he had only 10 sacks the past two seasons. NFL Jerseys China cheap jerseys ' ' '

--------------------
avavb
a a a a a
Перейти на форум:
32,931,172 уникальных посетителей
Copyright Dizmont for Burned Sky & IlluminatI © 2008
сейчас: 29 Апреля 2024, 02:02:15